Discovered this amazing recipe whilst stuck in Norway; long story short our flight got cancelled and rescheduled for a week later ... it was too perfect (scroll down for the step by step video)
Only 4 basic ingredients needed; stuff you probably already have in your home.
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup MELTED coconut oil (double boiling is the best way to do this)
- Peanut butter (I'd usually use almond or cashew, I just used what I could find in Norway)
- Add the cacao, maple syrup and coconut oil into a deep mixing bowl and whisk until it forms a smooth consistency. You can also use a food processor for this part. A deep mixing bowl works better
- Line up small cupcake baking cups onto a tray (one that will fit into your freezer) or a plate. In the cups, spoon 2 teaspoons of chocolate. Wait for it to flatten. Then spoon 1 teaspoon of peanut butter. And cover this with another layer of chocolate
- Place the cups into the freezer for a minimum for 20mins (we left it for 45mins and it worked great). Take them out of their cups and enjoy!
You can also play around with the shape/size. We created a huge cake version just to see if it would work ... it did
*Store them in the fridge or freezer*
Step by step video below